Last hearing today for the Social Issues Committee inquiry into the State Records Act 1998 and Policy Paper on its Review which I Chair. We heard from a variety of witnesses who were sharing their views on the proposal to merge State Archives and Records Authority with the Sydney Living Museum.
We heard from the following witnesses:
- Ms Elizabeth Tydd Chief Executive Officer and Information Commissioner, Information and Privacy Commission NSW
- Ms Jessica Kavanagh Director, Legal Counsel & Regulatory Advice, Information and Privacy Commission NSW
- Ms Jenni Stapleton Former Director, State Archives and Records Authority of NSW
- Professor Lucy Taksa Former Chair, State Archives and Records Authority of NSW
- Mrs Lucinda Turnbull AO Private individual (via teleconference)
- Hon Don Harwin MLC Special Minister of State, and Minister for the Public Service and Employee Relations, Aboriginal Affairs and the Arts
- Mr Adam Lindsay Executive Director, State Archives and Records Authority of NSW and Sydney Living Museums
The Committee is expected to report in October.