It was inspiring to attend the NSW Women of the Year Awards with our fantastic women leaders. A big congratulations to Dr Kerry Chant who won the NSW Woman of the Year Award for her tireless work during the pandemic.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian congratulated Dr Chant on the accolade after winning her category, NSW Woman of Excellence Award.
“Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Dr Chant has been a familiar face, offering vital health information for our State in addition to years of service to the health sector,” Ms Berejiklian said.
“Dr Chant is a role model, especially for women, and has absolutely excelled in her chosen field to affect lasting change.”
Minister for Women Bronnie Taylor congratulated Dr Chant on the incredible job she has done protecting the State throughout the pandemic.
“Dr Kerry Chant is an inspiration for all women, her leadership and dedication to her job ensured NSW was kept safe. Her work has been applauded around the world,” Mrs Taylor said.
Minister Taylor said The NSW Women of the Year Awards are a highlight of Women’s week and congratulated all winners in 2021.
“These incredible women come from all walks of life but the one thing they have in common is that they are inspiring achievers for their communities,” Mrs Taylor said.
2021 Women of the Year Award winners are:
- NSW Premier’s Woman of the Year Award – Dr Kerry Chant
- Woman of Excellence Award – Dr Kerry Chant
- Regional Woman of the Year Award – Grace Brennan
- Cancer Institute NSW Aboriginal Woman of the Year Award – June Riemer
- Aware Super NSW Community Hero of the Year Award – Jean Vickery
- Harvey Norman NSW Young Woman of the Year Award – Dr Samantha Wade
- The One To Watch Award – Molly Croft
For more information or biographies for winners and finalists, please visit women.nsw.gov.au